The líllébaby® COMPLETE™ seat adjusts in width to provide a correct sitting position as your baby grows.
1) "Infant seat": newborn to 6 months or older
2) Wide "Wrap-Around" Seat: 6 months+ or when your baby is ready. Also use the wide setting for the fetal position.
Adjust from Wide to Infant Seat
The infant seat setting allows your infant's legs to naturally spread apart for healthy hip development, both in the facing in and facing forward carrying positions, as recommended by hip dysplasia specialists.
1. Release Seat Flaps from Waist Belt
Each seat flap is attached to the waist belt with a snap button. Unsnap these buttons. Next, release flaps from waist belt by pulling the flaps off the belt.
2. Move Seat Flaps to Lining Side
The seat flaps are now loose from the waist belt. Flip the carrier to the lining side. Take each of the flaps and fold them together on the lining side of the carrier.
3. Connect the flaps on the lining side
To keep the flaps in place, you want to connect them on the lining side of the carrier: place left seat flap on top of right seat flap. Flip the “mini-flap” (with a button) over the seat flap and connect with the snap.
4. Infant Seat is ready to use
You now have the Infant Seat to be used for babies younger than 6 months of age (or until they are ready to sit with the feet around the parent, in the front forward position.)
Wide "Wrap-Around" Seat
The “wide” seat allows older babies to “wrap” their feet around the parent. Most babies are not ready for the wide "wrap-around" setting until they are at least 6 months old. The timing for adjusting to the wide position is individual and also depends on the caregiver’s size and build.
Adjust the seat to the wide seat setting when your baby is comfortable. The infant seat provides plenty of support and facilitates a correct sitting position.
To make a wide seat, simply reverse the instructions above. The seat flaps are now connected together on the lining side of the carrier. To change to a wide seat, you want to place the seat flaps onto the waist belt:
- Unsnap the flaps that are connected on the inside of the carrier.
- Run the waist belt through each seat flap on each side of the belt.
- Connect the buttons located on the inside of the seat flaps with the buttons on the waist belt.
The sleeping hood’s main purpose is to support baby’s head while sleeping, but it also protects from sun and wind. The hood also gives added privacy while nursing.
The sleeping hood easily attaches to the carrier with webbing straps and adjusts in length. Elastic edging makes for a comfortable fit. Babies generally dislike having anything over their head when they are awake. The neck support is therefore ideal to combine with the hood – use neck support when baby is awake and add the hood when baby is about to fall asleep.
- Use hood in front or back positions.
- Use neck support when baby is awake and add hood when baby is asleep.
- Attach hood to the carrier prior to placing baby in the back carry position.
- Two webbing adjusters allow you to extend the length to fit the size of your baby. Pre-adjust these before placing baby on your back.
- A series of snaps further allows you to fine-tune the size of the hood to fit baby.
The infant safety harness is only required for a very short time and only when using the infant narrow seat. However, many parents continue using the harness past the required time as it provides added safety and is yet another feature that makes this carrier complete.
- Required for: babies under 11lb (5kg) when using the infant seat.
- Always remove harness strap if you are not using it.
Install and Connect Safety Harness
(A) Install harness prior to placing baby in the carrier: run harness strap through the two vertical loops on lining of carrier. Tip: to simplify locating harness strap later, buckle it around front of carrier prior to placing baby in.
(B) Engage harness strap once baby is secure inside the carrier and all buckles, including the chest connection buckle, are safely engaged. Make sure the harness strap is attached to the carrier through the two loops on the inside
Reach inside the carrier to locate the infant safety harness strap. Run it around baby’s waist and securely engage the buckle. Tighten the strap until it sits snug. Do not over tighten.