Indigo Free-To-Grow Carrier
As you welcome your baby to the world, the Free-to-Grow carrier seamlessly adjusts and lets you hold them close from the very beginning. So simple, yet distinctly precious.
FREE-TO-GROW BABY CARRIER FEATURES:
1. INNOVATIVE BODY PANEL
Adjusts in three width settings and two height settings to allow for an ergonomic snug position from newborn, infant and early toddlerhood
2. DUAL-ADJUSTMENT PADDED SHOULDER STRAPS
Provides optimal neck & shoulder comfort and offers quick and easy adjustments for multiple wearers
3. BREATHABLE & LIGHTWEIGHT TWILL
Hand-made from 100% OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 certified fabric
4. MULTIPLE ERGONOMIC POSITIONS
Back carry and front carry options to provide a natural, ergonomic position best for long term, comfortable carrying that promotes healthy hip and spine development for baby
5. WIDE PADDED WAISTBAND
Provides superior comfort to help evenly distribute weight, also includes large front pocket
6. EXTRA LEG PADDING
Keeps baby comfortable to allow for longer wearing
7. EASY-TO-ADJUST DESIGN
Multiple adjustment capabilities to find your perfect fit as baby grows. Can be used from 7 - 45 pounds, no infant insert required
8. COORDINATING BASE & HOOD
Twill base with coordinating removable hood with snaps to support head while sleeping, sun protection while out and about, and extra privacy while nursing
We do not recommend back carrying your child until your baby has strong and consistent head, neck, and torso control, and can push him or herself independently into, and remain in, a seated position on a consistent basis.
BABY CARRIER PRODUCT MEASUREMENTS:
- Depending on the snap setting, the seat panel width is adjustable from 5" - 15".
- Depending on the panel height adjusters, the height of the panel is adjustable from 11" - 17" tall.
- Hip Belt Measures 5" tall and 27" wide. Additional webbing extends approximately 30” (waistband total of ~ 57” long).
- Weight of the carrier: 1.7 lbs.
HOW TO ADJUST THE FREE-TO-GROW
The bottom of the carrier's panel, which is where your baby will sit, has three adjustable settings. Each setting can be secured using the durable snaps found along the inside waist belt of the carrier.
NARROW: The narrowest setting can be used for newborns and babies, with a minimum weight of 7 lbs / 3.2 kg.
MIDDLE: The middle setting can be used with babies 3-9 months of age.
WIDE: The widest setting is suitable for taller babies 9 months and older.
The width of the panel should be determined by the individual baby's comfort and leg span. The ergonomically correct position for baby is to be positioned with the base of the carrier supporting them from knee to knee, with their knees slightly higher than their bottom in an "M" shaped position.
When choosing which seat width to use with your baby, choose the width that supports their legs in an "M" shaped position with their legs supported to the crease of the knee. If the edge of the panel rests on the baby's calves, rather than under the bend in their knees, then the width you have chosen is too wide. Always ensure proper placement of baby in the carrier including leg placement.
ADJUSTING THE WIDTH
- Start by adjusting the base of the carrier to the width appropriate for the baby's size.
- Secure the front of the panel by snapping the male snaps into the female snaps located on the inside of the waist belt padding.
SETTING 1 - The Narrowest Setting: Secure snap A to snap 1.
SETTING 2 - The Middle Setting: Secure snap A to snap 2, and secure snap B to snap 1.
SETTING 3 - The Widest Setting: Secure snap A to snap 3, snap B to snap 2, snap C to snap 1.
ADJUSTING THE HEIGHT
- By cinching the webbing at the top of the panel down all the way, the panel can be adjusted to its shortest position, suitable for newborns and small babies.
- By releasing the webbing completely, the panel can be adjusted to its tallest position, suitable for larger babies and toddlers.
- Correct positioning: When determining which panel height to use with your baby, choose a height that allows the baby's face to be visible over the top edge of the panel (see below).